Membership & Volunteer
Volunteers and members within the Schizophrenia Societies give voice to the issue of what is schizophrenia, advocate for a better quality of life for themselves and their families and fight against mental disorders stigma.
As a member of your local provincial Schizophrenia Society, you have the opportunity to:
- Connect with people who understand what is schizophrenia or what is psychosis, and who have similar concerns
- Receive national and provincial newsletters that will keep you up to date on the latest developments in schizophrenia treatment and research, as well as the societies' activities
- Have a stronger, more effective voice when advocating for changes to legislation and improvements in mental health services
As a volunteer, you are able to:
- Work with people who are committed to making a difference to those living with schizophrenia
- Gain valuable experience and skills which can assist you in your professional and/or personal life
- Actively help the societies' carry out our schizophrenia associationís mission by working in a variety of different areas (public awareness/education, advocacy, family support, fundraising, or administration) at various levels (chapter, provincial or national) in a number of capacities (frontline, committee or board)
To become a member of the SSC, please fill in the attachment and return to us.
To become a volunteer or for any other inquiry please contact the Society at email@example.com or call 204-786-1616.