- Openthedoors.com - Information on schizophrenia in 8 languages!
- Mental Health Advocacy Inc.
- Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Royal Ottawa Foundation for Mental Health
- Sane Australia
- The Family Council
- www.copmi.net.au - Promoting better outcomes for children and families where a parent experiences mental illness.
- www.ourhealthyminds.com/family-handbook/ - For family, friends and caregivers of adults living with mental distress.
- www.fameforfamilies.com - Empowering families and caregivers.
- www.pcmh.ca - Parents for children’s mental health.
- www.familyguidetomentalhealth.com - Helping families in the recovery process.
- www.familymentalhealthrecovery.org - Offering recovery-oriented mental health support services to families.
- www.sunnybrook.ca/content/?page=family-navigation-project - Expert navigation of the mental health and addictions service system.
- www.meridenfamilyprogramme.com/recovery - Recovery for carers, families and friends.
- www.familieshealingtogether.com - Giving families a perspective on mental health issues that has traditionally been difficult to access.
- www.emergingminds.com.au - Improving the mental health of infants, children, adolescents and their families.
- www.heretohelp.bc.ca/workbook/family-toolkit - A group of seven leading mental health and addictions non-profit agencies.
- OC87 Recovery Diaries
- 100 Ways to Support Recovery: A Guide for Mental Health Professionals (PDF)
- Alliance for the Mentally Ill in Quebec
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Facts About Mental Illness and Violence
- HealthLine - mental health disorders - http://www.healthline.com/channel/mental-health-disorders.html
- Mind.org.uk The leading mental health Charity in the UK.
- Mood Disorders Society of Canada
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (American)
- Mental Health America
- Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences
- Royal Ontario Health Care Group - http://www.rohcg.on.ca
- www.mentalwellnesstoday.com - provides a wealth of information for those affected by schizophrenia
- www.healthline.com/health/bipolar-disorder - Information about bipolar disorder
- Schizophrenia Advice & Support | Living With Schizophrenia
Mental Health and Addiction
- Addiction and Stress: How to Feel More Calm in Recovery
- Addiction Resource - Drug Rehab Centers and Treatment
- Addiction Guide. Helping your family and friends with addiction
- Weed Myths
- Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse - Marijuana
- Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse - Canadian Youth Perceptions on Cannabis
- Heroin Resources
- a good resource to help parents and families stop their children from playing video games
- Canadian Institute for Health Research (CIHR)
- Canadian Psychiatric Association
- Canadian Psychiatric Research Foundation (CPRF)
- National Alliance for Research on Schizophrenia and Depression (NARSAD)
- The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Recovery: Definition & Components
- National Empowerment Center
- 100 Ways To Support Recovery
- Recovery from Mental Illness: The guiding Vision of the Mental Health Service System in the 1990s
- The Institute for Recovery and Community Integration
- Scottish Recovery Network
Smoking and Tobacco
- Tobacco Use and Mental Health
- Tips for Friends and Family of Quitters
- Smoking Cessation Health Center
Support & Education
- Disability Tax Credit
- Early Psychosis Prevention and Intervention Centre, Australia
- Improving Mental Health Services Through Informed Choice: A Bottom-Up Approach to Changing Provider Behaviour
- The Family Council
- The Prevention and Early Intervention Program for Psychoses (PEPP)
- You Know Who I Am (Royal Ottawa Health Care Group)